It's hard to believe that a year has already passed since I moved here. At the end of last July, I bid farewell to my dear coworkers and friends in Munich, was home in Pennsylvania for two weeks, and then landed in Minneapolis, a bit dazed from all the traveling. Now, I am feeling somewhat more settled with my apartment near the lakes and gainful employment. All in all, it's been a fairly good year.
Little red caboose
Antique train cars
The majority of foods here are served on a stick, even if they aren't really designed to be.
Poor little black bear
David really wanted to take home a trophy. Maybe next year.
Unfortunately didn't get to try one - too full from the foot-long corndog.
My vote for most disgusting food this year.
My favorite local radio station, broadcasting live!
We returned to the Miracle of Life Center this year, even though it made me feel nauseous
last year. This year was better because we didn't watch any live births; we only looked at
cute newborn animals.
If you don't own anything made of alpaca, you haven't experienced soft.
Love.
Getting ready for a carriage ride.
Preparing horses to show them in competition.
Most massive horses I have ever seen.
Baby work horse and mama.
Miniature ponies being shown in competition.
Last year we ate regular corndogs. This year we upgraded to foot-long! Although
I did take a picture of David eating his, he forbid me from posting it.
Note the massive stuffed animal.
Really wanted that giant unicorn....
Weird, there are so few people in line to meet the local Fox News anchors....
I opted for the strawberry milkshake. Maybe next time,
Paul Bunyan.






























No comments:
Post a Comment