Hello again, dear readers!
In late April, David and I
flew to my family's home in Pennsylvania to pick up a vehicle and drive
it back to Minnesota. The vehicle belonged to my late grandfather, who
died of cancer in December. Although I would much prefer to have my dear
grandfather alive, I am glad to be able to carry on his legacy through
driving his car. My grandfather loved driving very much, and he was well
known for his rather wild driving style and coming very close to having
accidents, but somehow managing to just barely escape.
We
departed from Pennsylvania and drove through the states of Ohio,
Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, and into Minnesota in two days. Since
David had not yet transferred his driver's license, I was the sole
driver. We stayed overnight in Chicago, but it was still a very long
trip. And because I had not done this type of driving in about five
years (due to graduate school and living abroad), it made for a very
interesting trip. This post is dedicated to the memory of my grandpa, Robert C. Johnson.
Our route
Yes, this woman from Ohio has "Vegas Gal" on her license plate...
View from my window of downtown Chicago
River which runs through Chicago into Lake Michigan
The Magnificent Mile by day
Downtown Chicago with view of Chicago Tribune office
and Marilyn Monroe statue
Random Marilyn Monroe statue with giggling men
of all ages posing under her skirt
Wisconsin is "America's Dairyland," and is very famous for its cheese.
We stopped at a cheese shop just off the highway,
but unfortunately it was closed.













No comments:
Post a Comment