Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lake Harriet

I have written in previous posts about Lake Calhoun and Lake of the Isles, part of the Chain of Lakes not far from my apartment. A more recent discovery of mine was Lake Harriet, a bit further away from me. As Lake Harriet is not as close to Uptown Minneapolis, a commercial district, it is less busy and more peaceful than the other two lakes. I prefer to come here if possible because it really feels like an escape from the city. Moreover, Lake Harriet has a bird sanctuary (a treasure for ornithology enthusiasts such as I), a peace garden, a rose garden, and an amphitheater for outdoor concerts in the summer.



                            Map of Chain of Lakes showing my apartment



                                 A lone lifeguard chair, longing for summer



                   Barren beach in late March. Trees are full of leaves now.






                                Canoes being prepared for summer activities






                                                         Colorful kayaks



No comments:

Post a Comment