If you are one of my loyal readers, you have probably gathered by now that I spend a fair amount of time biking to and around lakes near my home in Minneapolis. Although I have posted about Lake Harriet before, I wanted to post again because I had a chance to take more pictures of the gardens surrounding the lake and the lake itself. I have decided that Lake Harriet is my favorite lake in the Twin Cities, as it is a bit removed from the commercial areas, has a good restaurant, and shady beaches for swimming.
I have most of today off, and given that it is currently 96 degrees Fahrenheit (36 degrees Celsius) and humid, one would assume that I would probably choose to go swimming in a lake. However, because I already got too much sun yesterday while watching the Spain-Italy Euro Cup final outside (which was a beautiful loss for the abhorrent Italian national team), I am sitting in the Mathematics Library at the University of Minnesota. My apartment does not have air-conditioning, which apparently is very unusual for this region. However, the university buildings are nice and cool and most of the students have vacated the campus for the summer.
Fountain at Lake Harriet rose garden
Luckily, there are many sunny days here
(and ones which are hot as Hades).
Rose garden with patches of the lake in the background
Canoes and kayaks: nearly as many boats
as there are people in Minnesota
Geese on the bike path: how dare they!












No comments:
Post a Comment