If you read my earliest posts, you are aware that I was living near the Mississippi River in Saint Paul when I first moved to Minnesota. However, in early January, I moved across the river to Minneapolis. Although I will miss seeing the grand Mississippi on a daily basis, I am excited about living close to the Chain of Lakes. These lakes are Lake of the Isles, Lake Calhoun, and Lake Harriet, which are closely connected.
My new apartment is so large, even my bicycle has its own room!
A visit to Lake of the Isles, about a 15-minute walk from my apartment
Some of the lovely houses surrounding Lake of the Isles
Lake of the Isles with a view of the Minneapolis downtown
Something very Minnesotan: a hockey rink on Lake of the Isles
Something very un-Minnesotan: one of the many villas on Lake of the Isles which looks more like it belongs on Lake Como in Italy
My beautiful Fuji road bike - it was warm enough on this February day to take a ride around the lake.








No comments:
Post a Comment