Saturday, October 22, 2011

Beer Bike

Those of you who are reading this blog from Munich understand the significance of this photo. This vehicle is actually called "Pedal Pub," but it also exists in Munich under the name "Beer Bike." Before moving to Munich, I had never seen anything like this. On warm lazy days in the English Garden, you can hear the laughter (or drunken shouting) from the Beer Bike several minutes before it reaches you. I was surprised to see something like this in the U.S. simply because I don't understand how the strict liquor laws in most U.S. states would allow the existence of a wagon-like vehicle which enables the consumption of beer while in public. I suppose it must be considered a mobile bar which has its own liquor license. In any case, every time the Pedal Pub lurches by, the passengers are enjoying themselves just as much as those in Munich, and it never fails to entertain curious spectators.

No comments:

Post a Comment